Are you having a great Tuesday?? The count down is on – only 3 more sleeps until Santa arrives! I can remember when I was a little girl I used to count down the days on my calendar to when good ol’ Saint Nick would arrive. In our house he comes Christmas Eve after a late dinner and this was great for me because I always had all my gifts before my friends had theirs!
The last few years at Christmas I have been Gluten Free after finding out about my allergies so I always bake a whack of treats that I can eat and are “allergy friendly” and Santa has always had a few left for him under the tree
This year Santa will be spoiled - He is getting a buffet of Gluten Free / Dairy Free treats to fuel up his strength before the next house……I hope, just hope he enjoys the Gluten Free treats a tad more than the house next door……
Some Wonderful Gluten Free, Vegan Treats to Place for Santa:
Recipe is from ElanasPantry.com – I just changed the Jam from Raspberry to Apricot.
2 cups blanched almond flour
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
some apricot jam
1. In a large bowl, combine almond flour and salt
2. In a smaller bowl, combine oil, agave, vanilla and water
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry
4. Chill dough in refrigerator 1 hour
5. Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper ¼ – ½ inch thick
6. Cut dough into circles (size of your choosing)
7. Make a light indentation with your forefinger in the center of each circle
8. Drop ½ teaspoon of raspberry jam into the center of each circle
9. Fold the dough in to create 3 sides; pinch each of the 3 corners to form a triangle shaped cookie
10. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes until cookies are golden brown around the edges
Almond Butter Bites:
1 cup dates (soaked in warm water)
3 tbsp raw almond butter
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
1. Soak dates in warm filtered water for about 5-10 min
2. Melt chocolate (I used chocolate chips) on a double broiler
3. Remove dates from water and add to a bowl with almond butter and coconut oil.
4. Mix with hands
5. Roll into balls and place on parchment paper
5. Drizzle melted chocolate over balls
6. Freeze or place in the fridge until hard.
Mint Chocolate Cookies
My fave – never get sick of you cookies!!
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup Agave Nectar
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 1/8 cup flour (oat, spelt, almond – I used 1/2 oat, 1/2 almond)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Mint Extract
1/4 cup Oil (I used Coconut)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine Chocolate Chips, salt and Flour in a bowl; sift in the cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl combine agave nectar, extracts and oil. Stir until mixed well.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
5. Spoon batter onto lined cookie sheets and Bake for 11 – 15 min (depends on oil used etc. Mine took closer to 14 minutes)
1 cup soaked almonds
3 cups water
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt
1. Place all in the blender and mix well.
2. Strain milk through strainer or cheese cloth.
I don’t mind my with pieces of almond in it, so I use a strainer
Store in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I am baking up something really special for Christmas Morning, I will let you all know how it turns out!
Yesterday was such a wonderful day, my sister and I spent the afternoon together relaxing with a good cup of joe in the coffee bar at Urban Fair Market in Yaletown. It was festive and wonderful! We people watched and chatted and just listened to the hustle and bustle.
After coffee we headed back to my place and baked all of our Christmas goodies for Santa!
After Michelle left I made a quick dinner and then off to the mall Ryan and I went. We had to pick up one last thing and we couldn’t resist this little cutie for Hudson
Yes, he’s spoiled….but he loves it and I love it!
During me writing this post – he is curled up on the arm of the couch like a cat….
What treats are you making for the holidays?