I hope you all had a wonderful weekend?
I did! It was full and fun! Here is my weekend re-cap
Saturday was jammed packed helping a friend move quickly out of there place and then it was off to the grocery store and home to make some treats before we headed to my aunt and uncles for dinner.
I made the best version of Turtles I have ever had. I think they are actually way more tasty than the real ones and they are healthy and vegan! I found the recipe on my favourite site to find desserts – Elanaspantry.com
Elana uses macadamia nuts to make the original. All I had was pecans, so they turned into Turtles!
I am a chocoholic…..I admit it. I do not eat it daily, but when I do eat it I savour it…..and love ever second of the lingering taste
Pecan Caramel Clusters:
½ cup roasted almond butter
½ cup agave
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ tsp sea salt
1 cup pecans
1 cup dark chocolate 73%
- Combine almond butter and agave in a medium saucepan over low heat
- Stir in vanilla and salt, then add pecans
- Allow mixture to cool a few minutes
- Drop mixture by the tablespoonful onto a parchment lined dish
- Place dish in freezer for 10 minutes
- Melt chocolate in a medium saucepan over lowest heat possible, stirring continuously to avoid scorching
- Remove dish from freezer and drop chocolate over each caramel cluster, spreading gently to coat
- Store macadamia caramel clusters in freezer
- Remove from freezer just before serving (if left out for long they become quite messy)
Please go to ElanasPantry.com to find the original recipe
Of course yesterday the city with Buzzing with Hockey Fever and it was so amazing to watch and feel the energy here! When Canada won the game the streets were going nuts and people were screaming and yelling and letting off fireworks, it was such a wonderful experience to be a part of. It warmed my heart to be the host to this years Olympics and I can honestly say I am sad they are gone!
Today I went over and met my friend Sandi’s new baby girl – Anna- Sofia! She is the cutest little thing, with the most perfect shaped head and big eyes! Holding a baby feels so good and makes your heart warm
I purchased her the cutest spring outfit from The Gap!
The Cutest Spring Coat!
A few of my friends are now having there own little families and I think it is so cute!
After my visit I cam home and made a Caffeine, dairy free latte……well not really, but it tasted good. It was Teeccino, with warmed Rice milk and cinnamon = Delish!
When did you have your first baby? Or when do you want your first? Do you have a set age?
I look forward to the comments!! Now I am off to get some work done and eat a turtle