Happy Saturday Everyone!
Wow, what an amazing day I had yesterday. I started my morning with a trip to see Krista (Ryan’s sister) at her new location. Her and Ryan’s mom and other sister started a cosmetic teeth whitening business. If anyone is in the Vancouver area, you must check this site out!
The two of us then attended a woman’s networking group! It was a blast! I met a lot of new wonderful people and enjoyed a cup of joe 😉
After my meet up I went on a date with my sister! Girls night out where we cried our eyes out at “Dear John”! Ahhh Channing you are a beautiful man 🙂
I decided I will set up a plan to go all raw here in the next little bit as a test to myself to see if it makes a difference in my energy, sleep, and overall health. I am always up to experimenting with myself like this and I am ALWAYS up for a good challenge. I am however debating if I should wait until closer to the spring when more local veggies and fruit are grown here. Right now a lot of the produce I eat is from far away! Anyone else have this issue?
From the other times I have tried a Raw diet I realized that the diet actually takes a lot of work and time to prepare. So I figured I will set a plan to make this an easy adventure for me. How will I do that? Simple:
1. Cut up veggies for 2 days and keep them in glass containers in the fridge.
2. Make bigger batches of salad dressings and dips to last few days.
3. Soak all my nuts 1 – 2 times a week so they are always on hand ready to eat.
4. Do 1 “dehydrate” day. I will use my oven for now and you can find out how to do that here!
5. Drink a lot of smoothies! I really love my smoothies and I know they are so beneficial and are a super easy meal.
6. Make a bunch of desserts and keep them in the fridge.
7. Buy bulk when I can. This will save me a lot of time and money. I will save time from having to run to the store every day 😉
8. Make a large batch of almond milk and keep it in a mason jar in the fridge. It lasts 3 days nice and fresh.
I am sure I will come up with more tricks that will make this diet easier for me, and I will let you know what they are 😉
I started the Raw theme off early and made this dessert when I got home from the movies.
Raw Apple Pie:
1 cup pecans
1 medium apple
1/4 cup agave
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Place the pecans and dates in a food processor and process until fine and sticky.
2. Place nut mixture into a 6′ dish and press into a crust.
3. Slice apple thinly and mix in a bowl with agave and cinnamon
4. Arrange coated apple slices on the crust and place in the fridge for crust to get hard.
I am off to a Mix & Mingle Party my mom and I are hosting!! It is going to be a fun day!
Have you ever gone all Raw? Would you suggest starting when the fruit and veg is more in season here?