I walked up to the same barista I see daily and normally, I’m half awake and in gym clothes and a pony tail..
Today my hair is down and loosely curled (from 3 days ago) and she says to me, “I love your hair so much! Is this naturally how your hair is?”
I was literally caught off guard. In my mind no one comments on my hair. I feel my hair has had a long stint of roughness (which I share in my eBook: Top 4 Essential Oils for Hair Growth) and not looking that best.
Honestly, I was loosing and had lost so much hair, I would cry when I’d put my hair up in a high pony and see how awkward my hair line was. The sides of my head had lost so much or thinned quite a bit due to stress, diet and hormones that seem to like to be unbalanced at times : (
Today, my hair is growing back and it is thicker than it has been in years!!
I’ve learned after a lot of tears and the mental chatter that would fill my mind, tricking me to believe that I’ll never turn my health around (I went through this negative worry phase with my adult acne too!) I found that what we pour attention to expands.
The more I freaked out about looking in the mirror, the slower my hair would grow back.
Now, the reason I know my hair is growing back is the whole side of my head, mostly ear level, so under the top layer of my hair (so strange!) is shorter as it’s growing back! My stylist thinks it’s hormonal, I feel it had a lot to do with stress… which hello causes an imbalance of hormones.
I’m also back to eating as close to “paleo” as I can…except for that little pizza Ryan and I shared with wine on Friday night. ; )
My hair has gotten thicker and growing faster because of these things I’m doing differently….
1. Diet. No grains, low glycemic, high protein and fat!
2. Journaling and a deep spiritual connection. A great stress buster! Yogananda says that worry kills us, God doesn’t believe in worry! Just hand your worry over to the universe and surrender!
3. Essential oils!! I rub 4 different essential oils every second day on my scalp and use them daily to regulate my hormones and stress! (I share exactly which oils in my eBook! Get your copy now!)
4. I was my hair 1-2 times a week ONLY and use sulphate free, crap free shampoo! I check everything I use beauty wise with the “ThinkDirty” App!! Get it!
5. I don’t brush my hair…except when I wash it and style it once a week. I’ll sleep with my hair in a special way to keep the curl in tact so I wake up with minimal hair adjusting to be done ; )
6. Self-Love and Affirmation! I adore my hair and the Growth and I tell it that! I had to allow myself to explore my deep self love which not only helped my hair, but my acne and my bank account! Haha!
I believe that our outer world (our bodies and what we’re creating each day) is a reflection of our inner world and what we’re speaking, believing and worrying about within!
Just yesterday I wrote a letter to my skin…
I knew I needed to bring my attention back to my heart to hear what my skin needed and you can do the same with your hair, your passion and your MONEY! I talk about this all the time.
Anyways, I wanted to share my “hair win” today, a beautiful complement that just reflected where my inner growth is!
Ryan tapped my shoulder and said “See! She likes your hair!” Because he’s seen me cry as I look in the mirror.. such a good man I have.
Keep focused on what you want and keep applying your high vibe holistic approach!
Q: Do you have any hair growth secrets? I want to hear in the comments below!